- Total number of credits: 33 credits (Elementary Education Certificate) or 27 credits (Secondary Education Certificate)
- Core Course Requirements: 9 credits
- Elementary Education Certificate Requirements: 24 credits
- Secondary Education Certificate Requirements: 18 credits
Students who successfully complete all Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate program requirements and are US citizens can earn Florida Professional Teacher Certification in one of (valid for five (5) years, and a Florida Reading Endorsement Certificate (Competency Two (2)). The Department of Education Studies (DES) team in the Ashford University College of Education can work with students to complete and submit all necessary forms to the Florida Bureau of Educator Certification. The Florida Department of Education’s process is to notify program completers to submit fingerprints for background clearance. Following clearance, the Florida Department of Education’s process is to award program completers the Florida Professional Teacher Certification in the subject area for which it was earned and send a hard copy of that certificate to the program completers as proof that professional teaching credentials have been obtained.
Reciprocity: Transferring a Florida teacher certification to a student’s home state:
Program completers must research reciprocity requirements according to the interstate agreements. The Department of Education Studies (DES) will support in this process. DES will assist in providing any information on the necessary paperwork required by the receiving jurisdiction to assist program completers in obtaining reciprocity to their home state. Program completers must know that certificate completion alone will not lead to immediate teacher licensure. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the program completer to complete the reciprocity licensure process.
What you will learn:
The Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate program aligns with standards established by the Council for Accreditation for Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE). The curriculum is designed to engage you in the type of intellectual conversations that will enable you to hit the ground running and be a productive and contributing educator in the field. As a graduate of the Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate program, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of culture in student achievement, and the meaning of culturally sensitive pedagogy as it relates to awareness of school socialization issues as a community and as a part of the larger community
- Demonstrate an ability to teach integrated literacy skills across curriculum
- Relate knowledge in content areas including concepts, procedures, and processes, and tools of inquiry to instruction
- Prepare to deliver skillful instruction, including the pedagogical knowledge skills and dispositions necessary for professional decision-making
- Develop evaluation systems that employ a variety of assessment tools and technological tools
- Incorporate effective communication in a professional manner, orally, written and through digital means with peers, teachers, students, and professors using standard English and grammar
- Design positive and motivating learning environments that encourage development of critical thinking, problem solving, academic, and social performance skills
- Synthesize theories of teaching and learning development to provide appropriate instructional opportunities targeted to differentiated student learning
- Model effective interpersonal skills with students, family members, peers, and the larger community
- Model awareness of and sensitivity to all learners and the diverse needs of every child
- Model professional behavior, ethics, skills, and dispositions including being a reflective practitioner and awareness of individual and cultural diversity
Your Courses in Teaching
The Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate program begins with three (3) core courses that you must complete. Then, you will choose to pursue either the Elementary Education Certificate-Level pathway or the Secondary Education Certificate-Level pathway to complete your coursework.
Core Course Requirements国产偷拍视频 (9 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
EPP 511 English Language Learners in the Classroom
EPP 530 Serving Exceptional Learners
国产偷拍视频 EPP 531 Assessing Learners
国产偷拍视频To be eligible for the Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate, you must:
- Complete all required coursework (33 credits for the Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate – Elementary Education or 27 credits for the Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate – Secondary Education)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 in all coursework attempted at the University
- Pass the Subject Area Examination, General Knowledge Test, and Professional Education Test
- Complete all student teaching requirements
Careers in Teaching
The Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate program is designed to provide you with teaching education and experience. When you complete the program and successfully earn your Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate, you will be prepared for careers in many industries. Take a look at potential career options.